Looking for a nourishing and cleansing addition to your skin care routine? Here’s a quick and easy frankincense essential oil facial mask you can try out!
Frankincense essential oil has long been known for its amazing skin care benefits. Combined with bentonite clay, and another antimicrobial essential oil (like Lavender or Melaleuca/Tea Tree), it’s a powerful recipe for improving your skin health.
- 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
- 2 teaspoons water or apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil (optional)
- In a small bowl (or in your hands over the bathroom sink, if you prefer) mix the water and clay together until they form a paste consistency.
- Add the drops of Frankincense, and mix together. (Add water or clay as needed if the consistency doesn’t spread easily across your face.)
- Apply the mask to your face (and neck and upper chest, if desired) with your fingers, a cotton ball, or cosmetic sponge.
- Leave the mask on for 20 – 30 minutes. Your face will start to feel tight as the mask dries.
Rinse the mask off using just water. You may have to gently scrub to completely remove it.
- After rinsing, your skin may look pink for a few minutes, as the blood flow to your face has increased.
Add this to your skin care regimen once daily or once or twice weekly. Experiment to see what works best for your skin. You can optionally add other essential oils that are good for the skin, and have a fragrance you prefer, such as Lavender.
Try this Frankincense and clay face mask and let us know how it goes!
What other oils would you want to try out in your own essential oil face mask?